MTN Nigeria on Tuesday announced a public offer of 575 million shares at N169 per share with effect from Dec.1. The retail offer period ends on December 14, 2021. The least unit available for purchase is 20 shares, which implies 3,380 naira. Also note that shares are to be purchased for a minimum of 12 months.
The public offer to retail investors for the sale of up to 575 million shares held in MTN Nigeria by MTN Group will be priced at N169.00 per share (the Offer). The Offer opens on Wednesday, 1 December 2021 and closes on Tuesday, 14 December 2021.
The Offer is in line with MTN Group’s commitment to reduce its shareholding in MTN Nigeria from 78.8% to 65% over time. The objective of the Offer is to provide as many Nigerian retail investors as possible with an opportunity to own shares in MTN Nigeria.
The minimum subscription is for 20 shares and lots of 20 shares thereafter. The Offer includes an incentive in the form of 1 free share for every 20 shares purchased, subject to a maximum of 250 free shares per investor.
The incentive is open to retail investors who buy and hold the shares allotted to them for at least 12 months, post the allotment dateMTN Nigeria
- Visit retail.primaryofferng.com or click here to get started
- Click on Create Account. Enter your BVN and date of birth to get started. (You can dial *565*0# to get your BVN)
- Fill up form with your details.
- A verification code will be sent to your email. Follow link therein and validate with the 6 digit code
- Log in, then update your profile.
3. Click Offerings on the left hand menu, then click on the MTN Logo.
4. Input Unit to subscribe, CSCS and bank details
NOTE: You need a CSCS No to make purcahse. The CSCS No. (Central Securities Clearing System) and CHN (Clearing House Number) are investors unique identifier to purchase and/or sell securities. If you do not have a CSCS account, one will be created for you as part of the application process on the PrimaryOffer platform.
5. Note that the least you can buy is 20 units (3,380). Accept terms and make payment with Flutterwave or Paystack.